About Operation Holiday Cheer
2018 Event Dates
- Operation Holiday Cheer is an annual care package initiative organized by the Lt. Governor's Office for Rhode Island service men and women spending the holidays away from home.
- The program relies entirely on the generosity of individuals and corporate and community sponsors who provide in-kind or financial contributions.
- Contributions are collected from across the state and hundreds of volunteers help assemble the packages for shipment.
- Drop off date for donated items: Saturday, Nov 17, 2018, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
- Packing and mailing of boxes: Sunday, Nov 18, 2018, 8:30 am – 11:00 am
Suggest a Recipient
- To make a monetary donation please go to the American Red Cross website.
- Checks can be mailed to: American Red Cross, 105 Gano St., Providence, RI 02906.
Please make a note on the
check that the donation is for Operation Holiday Cheer.
- Donations of goods can be dropped off at the Warwick Armory (541 Airport Road Warwick, RI on Saturday, Nov 17, 2018, 8:30 am - 11:00 am.
- Please see the "wish list" for goods desired by our troops.
- If your loved one is a Rhode Island resident and a military service member stationed out of state and you would them to receive a care package please e-mail the following information to email@example.com:
Service member's full name, rank, unit and mailing address AND your name and phone number.